10.20.2003

The Weekend News

Watched Matchstick Men with Pi on Saturday morning. It wasn't quite what I expected, but it was a pretty good movie nevertheless. Good story, with just the right mix of comedy and drama. And the acting was superb. Nicholas Cage's performance was the best (which isn't really much of a surprise). Sam Rockwell and Alison Lohman also displayed great acting prowess in this one. That should make for a good and interesting watch. I give it a 4 out of 5, but don't take my word for it...go and see it for yourself.

We made the rounds in Megamall after a hearty lunch in El Pollo Loco. Pi occasionally got to check out some clothes that were on sale, but didn't find anything worth buying. I, on one hand, was able to find an arnis set at the good price of Php280. Went to Greenhills to get Pi's positioners checked shortly after that.

Met my Dad and my brother for dinner at Rockwell. Ate great food in Mongkok, talked about family stuff, then went and delivered the old PC to my sister. Watched part of The Two Towers in Pao's and Gerwin's room before finally tapping out and retiring at 1:30 AM.

It was obviously a long day.

***

Sunday morning was spent with the folks. Heard mass in La Salle, then brought my Dad and my brother to the Victory Liner station after having brunch in Jollibee. It's my bro's semestral break, so he gets to enjoy a 2 week vacation back home. I, on the other hand, forever swearing off any term break-related privileges upon graduation, am stuck here to try and fulfill my function as an analyst and programmer. Not that I mind, it's just that since November 1st and 2nd fall on a Saturday and Sunday, respectively, my chances of getting a little "R&R" will have to wait 'til Christmas (or if I'm unlucky enough, 'til next year even).

Most of my afternoon was spent in PC Express. Pi found a good venue to draw her little monsters while I looked around for stuff. Had to buy a brand new monitor, a UPS, and a power strip after officially retiring and handing over the old PC set to my sister the previous night. As a result, my wallet is dead...again...with 10 days still to go before the next pay out. It's a good thing that Ger and I got our sideline money today. That should last me 'til the end of the month. Fahk.