10.01.2003

From Creepy Thin Man To Incredible Bulk

Browsed through some old pics in the TLS yahoogroup. Being the sentimental bastard that I am, I couldn't help but smile and remember the good times (aaaw), when Weekends at Jon Z's were frequent, Summer Workshops were way "cooler", and when my weight was still at a desirable reading. Aaah, those were the days...just take a look at the picture that follows. This was taken over two years ago by one of the TLS Photo greats, Jerome "Photo! Photo!" Tambaoan during my stint as Art & Graphics Editor. Naturally, the person in the "spotlight" would be yours truly. With me are mentors and former A&G Editors Peejay Canlas and Bryan Ocampo. We will refer to this as Exhibit A.


I decided to weigh myself again just 2 months ago, giving in to the subtle pressure of family and friends. Imagine my shock when I registered an unbelievable 190 pounds. The following picture, which we shall refer to as Exhibit B, was taken a few months back during our immersion/vacation in Cebu. The overweight and hairless monstrosity in focus would be the result of a twisted genetic experiment involving the use of highly sophisticated computers and programming languages coupled with continuous saturated fat intake and an extreme lack of physical activities.


After further analysis of the differences in exhibits A and B (which are so damn obvious), I have arrived at the following conclusion: PROGRAMMING IS THE DEVIL...IT WILL PROMOTE THE GROWTH OF BOOBIES AND MAKE YOU LOOK STUPID IN YOUR BEACH SHORTS!!!

This oh-so-depressing revelation has led me to adopt a personal weight loss program. Since the start of September, I have painstakingly refined my eating habits, veering away from my favorite traditional dishes of meat and chicken whenever I could (which sucked at times), and concentrating on see...err...SEA food and a whole lot of vegetables. I have also been using the stairs lately, in place of the elevator in going up to the office (I figured I might as well since the only frickin' exercise I get around here is for my frickin' fingers). So far, the results have been rewarding. My next appointment with the scale is on November 1st. I am hoping to have shed a considerable amount of pounds (say 5 to 10?) by then. I'm really hoping I pull this off. Wish me luck.