10.27.2003

Some News...

...now that the politically bothered side of me has decided to take some time off.

  1. Watched Freaky Friday and The Rundown Saturday afternoon. Good movies. Worth the hundred bucks. Go watch if you have the time.


  2. Went to Pi's old high school classmate Bianca's belated-happy-birthday dinner Saturday evening at their home in Ayala Heights. I've met Bianca once or twice prior to the dinner so I was actually quite surprised (and flattered at the same time) to be invited. Pi's other high school friends were also there so you could tell it was quite the reunion. The house was really, really, reeeally nice, food was great, and stories of old teachers' antics and annoying mannerisms were very entertaining.


  3. Got to play a short game of billiards in the game room (oooh...game room) after dinner, which was obviously the highlight of Pi's night. Being the 9-ball aficionados, we naturally kicked some serious asses. Called it a night at around 11, brought Pi back to her place, then went on home shortly after that. Was in the dorm by about 12. I fell asleep so fast that I was already making Zs even before the first sheep could jump over the fence. It was a good feeling.


  4. Woke up at 6 am on Sunday. Had to attend a wake with the folks. My Grandfather's cousin had died of lung cancer a few days ago. The mass was held in Nacional Memorial in the Araneta area. Met some relatives for the first time, which was nice. Even the priest who celebrated the mass, Father Abe, was a relative. He was also, incidentally, the same Priest who presided over my Mom and Dad's wedding 25 years ago, and my Dad's classmate in his elementary days. The atmosphere was rather glum, so I had to save my amusement with the discovery for after the ceremonies.


  5. Went to fetch Pi after the burial. We were invited, this time, to Joey's, her godchild's, first birthday party...the kid looked real cute in her Tigger costume. Too bad I didn't have a camera. Pi's high school classmates were present again so it was definitely Part II of the previous night. I'm not complaining...I got to listen to some interesting conversations anyway. And I ate like a king. The food was fantastic. Watching the emcee/magician make a complete fool out of himself was also an amusing sight. Like I said, too bad I didn't have a camera.


  6. Watched My Boss' Daughter in G4 after leaving the party. Big mistake. But like an old friend used to say, "touch-move, pare!" Well, it wasn't that bad...but it wasn't that great either (save for Tara Reed's yummy "strip tease" scene). Out of my extreme guilt, I didn't ask Pi to pay for her ticket anymore. So there.
It was a tiring weekend, obviously. How I managed to get to work early today is nothing short of a miracle. My brain, however, really feels like crap. So until it graduates from this crappiness, you'll have to pardon my sorry excuse for a post. More substantial stuff later...I hope.