10.02.2003

Dish

The kumander and I, along with some officemates and friends, went to Dish at Rockwell last night to catch all-acoustic, all-OPM performances by Hourglass, Paolo Santos, Nyoy Volante and Mannos, and True Faith. It was my first time to watch Santos and Volante and I must say, they really know how to put on a show. I would definitely recommend watching their future gigs. A night of fantastic guitar playing and good songs and being with the Supreme Overlord would have been a great way to end my day...if True Faith hadn't gotten on stage and ruined everything. Yep, of all the frickin' bands to destroy the frickin' night, it had to be True Faith. It was such a pathetic performance, people started leaving as soon as the first song was done. Apparently, True Faith front-man and DLSU alumnus Medwin (that handsome, handsome man) had one too many beers to drink. He was so drunk, he kept on messing up the words...he didn't even memorize the damn songs!!! I guess the people were just being nice when they cheered everytime Medwin filled in with "Yeah, lemme see yer haaaynds!" or "C'mon, sing wit' meh now!" to make up for fcuking up the lyrics. His bandmates were obviously so embarassed they just tried to keep their cool and played right on. *Sigh* It was such a depressing sight. But overall, we got our money's worth. It would have been a whole lot better though, but there's really nothing I can do about it now. Just needed to vent it out, I guess.