10.07.2003

Addiction

I am officially hooked on Friendster. For the past few days, I have been growing my network of friends, which just started with Pi and my sister, Joyce. That is why there have been no recent updates on this blog. Don't get me wrong, I have not lost all interest in blogging. I'm still, in fact, very much addicted to it. It's been a great venue for my thoughts and random rants. It keeps my mind well-exercised, and best of all, it's free (and it is my strong hope that it will stay that way). With the advent of the Friendster Fever, I have just added to the list of things that amuse me (especially after a long and tiring day here at the office). It's been real fun so far. Got the chance to keep in touch with old friends and see how I'm connected to their friends and how they're connected to mine and well, you get the idea. Funny how the "Six Degrees of Separtion" theory applies here. Go ahead and check it out.

***

Last Saturday, the kumander and I were able to watch Underworld. It's a good movie, considering it was made on top of a small $20M budget (yup, SMALL...that's just Julia Roberts' talent fee). The background story isn't really new, but it's still quite nice with an interesting twist, and the action scenes are fantastic. Though it clearly tried to go the Blade/Matrix way, much to the disappointment of die hard fans of said films, I still liked it. Plus, I got to see Kate Beckinsale (who I don't actually find pretty) look reeeally good in black skin tight leather (mmmmmm).

Unfortunately for those who failed to watch it, a suspension order has been issued for the film, for reasons that have yet to be revealed. Who else would pull a stupid stunt like that but the all-knowing and all-powerful MTRCB. Too bad. Could probably be the high-level violence...but what the heck do you expect from a frickin' VAMPIRE VS. WEREWOLF MOVIE anyway? Damn fools, it's high time you re-evaluate your out-of-this-world rating standards! Stupid board.