11.25.2003

Who You Gonna Call?

What kind of childhood would I have had if the Ghostbusters weren't part of it? I loved the movie, the cartoon even more (my favorite episode being the one where there was this huge battle between Vampires and Werewolves...probably why I found Underworld so endearing). My favorite GB-related memories, though, would have to be those involving the toys, made popular by Kenner. I remember always looking forward to the ads in between Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club every Sunday, just to have a glimpse of the latest "merchandise". I kind of miss those days.

Slimer: SlimyPiiiiiing!!! Remember me???

Newsarama recently published news of a comicbook continuation of the 80's cult classic, whose story takes place six months after the first movie. It's scheduled for release on February of next year. As much as I would like to rekindle my desire for everything Ghostbusters, I think I'd have to pass on this one. Maybe my memories are just too great to have a GB comic ruin them...let's just say I've learned my lesson with Transformers Armada. But I'll never really be sure until it comes out, will I? Well, If the reviews are good, I can always consider investing on the TPB anyway.