11.07.2003

I'm Baaaaaa-ack...

Feels good to be back in front of my terminal again. Been out for training the last four days. Was a bit tiring, but I had fun. Learned a lot. And besides, breakfast, lunch, and snacks were free. Now, for some updates:

  1. My car has been fixed. Yes, fixed, which means it was really broken last Friday. Some small pieces inside the key slot were apparently damaged because the key was taken out while still in ACCESSORIES, conveniently labeled ACC in said key slot (for the benefit of those who do not drive, you are supposed to take the key out while on LOCK, not on ACC).
    Simple proof: Frank and the guards from next door were able to push my car back into the garage WITHOUT a key, which simply reinforces the fact that the key slot wasn't really on LOCK, because if it were, the steering wheel would be locked (duh).
    Well, I'm sure as hell I didn't have anything to do with the problem. The car was already out of the garage when I couldn't start it. Anyway, thanks to Pi's dad, a kind mechanic was able to do a temporary fix the same night. With the use of a screwdriver from my trusty macho tool, I could already use my car (actually, anybody with a screwdriver would've been able to use my car). Damn key slot was fixed by the following morning. Nef-mobile was back to normal by lunch time. Cost me Php 850.00 for everything.


  2. Watched Equilibrium recently (bought the DVD at UM). I was suprised at how good a film it turned out to be. Makes me wonder why it didn't get that much attention when it was being played here. I particularly liked the concept of the "Gun Katas" (not katas which means juice in Filipino...Katas -- japanese -- referring to a prearranged series of movements). It's not in every action movie that you get to see the hero shoot the crap out of the bad guys while staying on the exact same spot. Makes you wanna go "Whoah!" ala Keanu Reeves. And, I must say, Christian Bale makes for a cool action character. He's an excellent choice to don the Year One Cape and Cowl.


  3. In keeping with my promise to myself of refraining from using the elevator when going up, I consistently climbed eight floors (from the 20th up to the 28th) everyday during my training this past week. My Thursday climb was the highlight of my stair-conquering career. I went up all 28 floors to our training facility that day. Crazy isn't it? But it felt real good afterwards. Haven't weighed myself yet though like I originally planned. I was supposed to do so on the first of this month, remember? I guess I'm a bit afraid to know that I haven't lost what I intended to lose. Well, better late than never, like whoever coined this cliche always says. This afternoon, most probably.

  4. Added a comments feature powered by Haloscan just today. Figured it wouldn't hurt. Besides, it's free, and it'll give people the chance to comment on individual posts. My next add-on? Probably a photo gallery, if and when I find good code. And until I have my own digicam, I have no real reason to hurry anyway. I think Jon's and Ger's blogs would benefit more from this though.
More later. My brain seems to be extremely low on resources.