11.17.2003

What A Way to Start the Week

I had quite the interesting morning. A general evacuation of our office building was conducted around a little past 9 AM today. Apparently, a building room (outside our company's jurisdiction, if I may point out) caught fire because of a few sacks of combustible material contained therein. What material, I do not know, but the thick smoke had seeped through the building's exhaust system, spreading into and clouding the lower floors (including ours). Hence, the general evac. For safety reasons, power has been disabled on the east wings of each floor (by this I mean each floor occupied by Globe) until Thursday. Normal operations are obviously crippled, but it's still business as usual down here. Some of us (those whose function aren't too critical as of the moment) have to go on forced leave though, to give way to more important tasks. As I write this, however, I'm still uncertain if I am to be included in the this roster. Updates on the situation later, if and when they become available.