11.13.2003

Hellboy

Nice...very nice...Though I haven't really had the time to sit down and read any of the Hellboy books, I hear they're really good, and Mike Mignola's art is kick-ass (well, it always is). News of the silverscreen adaptation of the Dark Horse classic is pretty old, there is now, however, a definite date for its theatrical release: 04/02/04. This gives me exactly 143 days from today to brush up on my Hellboy knowledge. This will give me more or less an idea of what to expect. Besides, I don't like being in the dark when it comes to comic-based movies...helps me to appreciate them more. My problem is, I don't know anyone who can lend me some material, so a little help in this regard would be very much appreciated (paging Jon, Ger, and Richard).

I came across this movie poster through CBR. The "semi-silhouette-with-metallic-logo-and-dark-clouds-in-the-background" look seems to be a growing trend. Anyway, you can hardly recognize Ron Perlman (TV's Beauty and the Beast) with the red skin and cut-off horns (well, you actually can't recognize him), but I read he did a pretty good job of playing "the paranormal investigator from hell". He seems to be adept at that, playing characters that don't require him to use his own face I mean. We'll just have to wait and see then. 143 days and counting.