11.10.2003

The Weekend News

Watched a total of three movies (four if I include Spider-Man on DVD) over the weekend. Some thoughts:

  • Uptown Girls: Nice, cute, feel-good movie. All I can say about this film is, Dakota Fanning, at her age, is such a terrific actress. She caught my attention in I Am Sam trailer. Though I didn't get to watch said movie, I found find her amusing in this one. Brittany Murphy, too.


  • Identity: If you're into suspense and gore, this one's for you. It isn't full of just that, however. I give this a 9/10 for a good story and fantastic screenplay. And I love the twist. This is guaranteed to keep you squirming in your seats.


  • The Matrix Revolutions: What can I say? "Woohoooooo" probably sums it all up. Amazing, amazing film, though I was left with a couple of unanswered questions from Reloaded. But what the hell, it was still great. Definitely going to watch it again. Just one last thing: The Wachowskis' wild imagination + Dragonball Z = Probably the most amazing fight sequences in the history of live-action movies.

Other upcoming movies I'm looking forward to next year: Return of the King, Punisher, and of course, Spider-Man 2. Oh yeah!