9.15.2003

The Weekend News

I had just gotten my ride fixed last Saturday morning...my clutch lining was perfectly fine. The problem, apparently, was with my spark plugs. Spent about 900 bucks for the replacement parts (I just decided to have the air filter changed as well). Actually, I was supposed to spend about 3K if I had included the High Tension Wires the mechanic asked me to buy. Good thing I decided to leave those out first and see if changing the spark plugs alone would rid my car of the problem. And guess what, it did! Darn thing was back to normal by lunch time.

Spent the afternoon with my Supreme Overlord (my apologies to The Dyonzee for borrowing the term he coined). Watched 2 Fast 2 Furious at G4...kick ass movie. Although I did catch an "advance screening" last month, I very much enjoyed watching it again. Digital surround sound does wonders to your viewing experience. Plus, the much bigger view of all the cars (and Devon Aoki in her skimpy red bikini) made the movie all the more fun to watch. Made me feel a little sad for the Nefmobile though...just a little.

Sunday was family day at RP Manila. Had a hearty lunch at Tang City with the folks, shopped for a pair of Nike Prestos for the Mother, and drooled over the Mitsubishi Evo VIII on display there (pics to follow if I get my hands on any). It is such a delicious ride: 2 liter, 273 horsepower engine; 6-speed manual transmission; MOMO steering wheel with airbag; customized Recarro racing seats; keyless entry; 17" rims; and tons of other goodies I don't wanna mention anymore to prevent further damage to my brain. The price? A WHOPPING 3.2 MILLION PESOS! Fahk, you can buy a nice house and lot in the Tagaytay highlands with that kind of money! Oh well, you really just can't have it all. But I am hoping that I win that Porsche Boxster Axe is giving away though...no harm in dreaming...free country and all that.

***

Jackie Chan's The Medallion is a bad movie. It's the ugliest way to end your day just in case you're interested. My apologies to Pao and JC for inviting them to such a waste of expenses.