1.01.2005

Getting Off On The Right Foot

There's an old superstition about doing (or not doing) certain things during the first day of the year, if (or unless) you intend to do (or not do) those things in for the remainder of the year. I've never believed in that. But maybe I'm a lot more superstitious than I'd like to admit, that's why I'm writing this right now. I want to start the year right, not just with the whole blogging thing (two posts in December is an awfully sad sight, and probably a bad way to end 2004), but with a whole lot of other things.

So here's a little checklist to help plot things out:

  1. I will start drawing again. Draw for fun, the way I used to back in highschool and college, and find peace with my style.

  2. I will reach my ideal weight. And will not just reach it, I will also maintain it. I will look and feel good in the process.

  3. I will do better at work, hone my skills, learn additional supporting skills, and I will feel good about my achievements. I will be patient and take things as they come.

  4. I will enjoy life, have fun with my friends and with my loved ones, and smile and laugh more.
Cheers to a fruitful and wonderful 2005!

No comments: