1.12.2004

Photoblog - Day Trip to Enchanted Kingdom

I know, I know...it's about damn time! Sorry but the first week of work has just been...very unfavorable...to my blogging time. Anyway, on with the show.

December 20 of last year, I had the chance to visit Enchanted Kingdom (EK) again for just the third time in my life. It also was my first ever long drive from Manila to Laguna.

The magic is here...or so they say.
The last time I was here, it was back in high school. My brother, my sister, and some cousins were with me then. And I was still terrified of the Space Shuttle and Anchors Away rides. Those two were the only rides I didn't get on. This time I was with Pi and some people from work. But would I be able to conquer my fear of the stomach raising monsters? Stick around to find out.

(L-R excluding the kids and the mascots) Pi, Me, Veena, Ronnel, Shaggy (kneeling), Doni (kneeling), Len, Concon, Ceejay, Clarisse.
(Free) Lunch with the kids.
Coincidentally, Globe had scheduled an Ate/Kuya (Big Sister/Big Brother) for a day program on the same day, which accounts for the presence of the kidly kids in the pictures above. Some of my officemates had volunteered to be part of the said program. Their lunch was on the company of course, but we were lucky enough to be recipients of some extra food stubs.

Pi and moi, ready to take off in our rocket-propelled super swings of doom (I wish).
Air Chucks. Taken while on the "Flying Fiesta". I should sell this pic to Converse.
The Flying Fiesta is easily one of my all time favorite rides in EK. The ride per se is pretty shallow come to think of it, but the feel of your feet hanging freely in the air is very...invigorating.

This will do (left). I fell of a horse in Wright Park a few years back; I've never been on a real one since. Pi (right) looks absolutely beautiful in this picture.
Pi and I were here for the first time as a couple. We obviously had a lot of fun.
For a Php 500.00 rate that covers the entrance fee, the ride-all-you-can bracelet isn't such a bad deal. I guess you just have to get on every ride to get your money's worth. Yep, when I say every, that includes the ultimate kiddy ride...the Grand Carousel. There are a few attractions that do have a separate fee though: the 4D Theater for Php 40.00 (which doesn't just live up to the hype; it's not worth the long wait), the Paint Ball Arena for Php 90.00 (this is for 20 balls, you can pay for more), and the Go Kart Track for Php 160.00 (this one is definitely worth it).

Space Shuttle. Had I moved a bit more to the left and taken this shot, the image would have been a little too phallic.
Anchors Away. I had a real tough time taking this shot. We sat at the farthest seat on our side.
Well what do you know? I guess I found my balls and rode the two most dreaded rides in EK afterall. Ha. Too bad I didn't get to take a pic while I was on the Space Shuttle. That would've been interesting.

Ninja, Ninja Wrap (bad pun). Pi and myself, before quenching the need for speed on the Go Kart track.
(L-R) Ronnel, Me, Pi, Shaggy, Doni, Clarisse.
(L-R) Doni, Clarisse, Pi, Me, Shaggy, Ronnel.
The Go Karts were the last rides Pi and I went on before finally going back to Manila. We had to go ahead of the others...a TLS reunion/Christmas celebration was also scheduled that evening at Zane's house.

We arrived around a quarter before 11 PM. Fatigue started to kick in the minute I stepped into the Ronquillo gate. I've never been one to keep my eyes open when that happens; Gerwin and Jon will attest to that (Zane was kind enough to let me crash in Ping's bed). Unfortunately, there is a lack of images from the gathering. I had left Ger's camera in the car that night.